Monday, November 9, 2009

Running in circles

There are so many, many things I could teach the dogs I have a hard time focusing on just one thing especially with three dogs. We worked with Daisy on getting her to retrieve. The leash was helpful in getting the dog back after she chased the object. It was only good about three times and then she tired of it. So we played alittle.





We didn't work on the bark command, but I did work on trying to get the behavior to extinction. It is time consuming, but the laundry room door doesn't open unless they are quiet. If they bark I turn around and walk out of the room until they are quiet. I have a new problem of them barking when they come out of the laundry room, so now I walk into the laundry room until they are quiet. With time, I hope, and no reinforcement the behavior should stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment