Thursday, December 10, 2009

Riding Along In My Automobile


Didn't really do any training tonight, took the dogs out for a ride to the drive-thru. The are angels in the back with no dogs around to bark at. I find it very interesting that even though Daisy doesn't like strangers she won't make a peep when we go through the drive-thru. She will sit on my lap with her head out the window and will just watch with great interest. My guess is the overwhelming smell of food keeps her quiet. I wish there was someway to recreate that effect when she meets people. Dog training can be quite complicated sometimes trying to figure out how to get your dog to do something. Positive reinforcement was hard for me at first because I really had to think about and understand why they do things in the first place.

1 comment:

  1. At least you are TRYING to figure it out and THAT is important and something most people don't tend to do, but SHOULD!

    ReplyDelete