Thursday, September 9, 2010

We Are Now Up To 18 Days

We were pretty busy this evening so I wasn't really planning on doing any direct training. I was going to log onto the computer and Amelia brought her ball over. I threw the ball and expected her to get the ball, then not bring it back. But she surprised me by bringing it back. We had two balls, so instead of trying to pull the ball out of her mouth I just threw the other ball. I praised her when she returned to me with the ball. I must have done that 10 times successfully.

It worked better by not having any treats and only using praise as a reward. If I had had a treat she would have dropped the ball before she got to me to receive the treat. It also helped because their was no pressure to train or to try to get it right. We were just having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment