Monday, November 1, 2010

Teaching Your Dog Tricks

Teaching your dog a new trick doesn't have to take hours or even days. Amelia will lay down and move backwards to try to give you a treat. All I had to do was take out my clicker and every time she layed down and moved backward I clicked. After a couple of clicks she was ready to add the command "backward". I said the command every time she laid down and she did it promptly. Now all I have to say is backward and she lays down on her own then moves backward.

Pick a behavior your dog does naturally and add a command. Get your treats and clicker out. Then they will start throwing behaviors out that they know to get you to click. Wait until they give you some new behavior and click. Before you know it they will be giving you the command on cue.   

No comments:

Post a Comment