Thursday, July 21, 2011

Dog Training With A Smile


I didn't realize how much Bailey really enjoyed her training until I went to watch the video. I was tickled to see her grinning right in front of the camera. I guess she was working on her cameo for the big time.



I had planned on showing the whole video but have had some real difficulty having it load so I gave up and I will just communicate with words instead of pictures.

We worked on WATCH (eye contact) with a heel. I really want to get her to the point were she is really paying attention to me. We started out slow, I don't think she was really getting it at first. After watching the video, I don't think I was rewarding as fast as I should either. But by the end of the video she was really trotting next to me paying attention. But the best part was the smile on her face from the beginning.

Using a video is a great way to get to really see what is going on especially if you don't have any one to critique your actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment