There are a few things you can do to help keep your pet comfortable:
- Provide your pet with free access to water. If your going to be exercising outside make sure you bring some water along.
- If your going for a walk, pick a time when the temperature is lower such as early morning or after the sun starts to go down. Dogs still need their exercise but try to limit their exertion to lower levels to make sure that they don't be come overheated.
- Don't leave a dog in a hot car. If they temperature is too hot outside it will be even hotter in your car.
- Don't leave a dog out in the sun with no shade to escape from the searing heat.
- Make sure if your leaving your pet for an extended period of time and the temperature may rise in the house that you provide air conditioning. If you wouldn't be comfortable in the house neither will your pet.
- Even the smallest of dogs can be overheated. Dogs don't sweat, so they pant trying to exchange the hot air for cooler air. Our Chihuahua is our temperature gauge, you know it's hot when she starts panting.