Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dog Journal 9/20/11

1. Zen - Bailey will focus on a bowl of treats and not really pay attention to me. She also tries to steal food and wants to remain close to the bowl.
Goal: To have Bailey leaving food on the floor, on the couch, and on the table.


We worked on Zen as you can see in the picture. I had to stop here a few times with my hand. But for the most part she has improved and was able to walk around the treats without always trying to touch them.


2. Watch - Bailey will give me eye contact but in Level 3 she is suppose to give eye contact for 10 seconds.

I forgot to work on this one. We worked on trying to make a video instead but unfortunately my camera won't upload it.

3. Come - Our goal is to work on come three times a day for five minutes for eight weeks. Susan Garrett has a good article about the consistent work of come. So starting tomorrow we will work on it for eight weeks gradually increasing the distractions.
We worked on come once in the house and once in the garage. There was only one time she didn't come.

No comments:

Post a Comment