Sunday, October 2, 2011

Dog Training On The Road

Maybe not on the road but at least in the school playground. We went to practice come on the school playground but instead of leaving me she wanted to stay right by my side. This is not a bad thing either.

I did discover that at one time she had no problem running through the playground equipment but this time she shyed away from it. She wouldn't follow me through the tunnels. We were able to get her to go down the slide once. I know it's been a while since we had gone but she seemed to show some fear and hesitation this time.

Training is definitely a continuing process because once you think they know something it's not always the case. That's why sometimes you have to go back to the basics.

We also had to take a trip to the vet's. Bailey got conjunctivitis to the point that her eyelid was swollen. She was stressed at the Vet's. The poor thing sat under my chair and shook. I held her while the vet but stain in her eye to see if she had a corneal abrasion and it was all I could do to keep her still. The vet tried to give her a treat but she won't eat a thing if she is stressed. She didn't want it later either because she probably knew where it came from.

In stressed situations she will not take a treat so I can't really do any training. I am hoping with more exposure that she will become less stressed in unfamiliar settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment